Hoosier Coho Club Complete Rules & Application Form Click Here
Perch Contest Rules
July 22, 2012
1. Dates and Time
- Contest date is Sunday, July 22 (blow date is July 29)
- Fishing time is 6 a.m. to noon (CST).
- Registration starts at 5 a.m. at Trail Creek Marina fish-cleaning station. Or, registration form may be printed at
www.hoosiercohoclub.org and mailed to P.O. Box 352, Michigan City, IN 46361 so it is received by July 21.
- Entry fee is $5 per person. Youth (age 17 and under) may fish for free. Each captain is responsible for payment
to the HCC for each member of his fishing team.
- An additional, and optional, Big Fish Pot will be available for $5 per team. 100% collected will be awarded for the
single heaviest perch.
- No entry fees will be accepted after 7 a.m. on the day of the contest..
- 100 percent of entry fees received for the perch contest will be paid to the winners on the contest date.
- $100 will be added to the first place pay-out by the Hoosier Coho Club.
- First place will receive 50% of entries (plus $100 from HCC), second place 30% and third place 20% up to 60 entries.
After 60 entries, an additional place will be paid for each five additional entries (Ex: 72 entries = 1st $250, 2nd $90,
3rd $60, 4th $25, 5th $25, 6th $10).
- In the event of a tie(s), the prize money will be split.
- A 3-foot, HCC trophy and "Big Check" will be available for photographs with the winners.
4. Fishing Rules
- All Captains must be (or become) members of the Hoosier Coho Club. Membership form on back of this rules' sheet,
available at registration, or at www.hoosiercohoclub.org
- This is a team contest. A team may consist of one or any number of anglers. Every person on board a boat must
be entered in the contest. (Remember, Youth Fish Free)..
- A maximum of 15 perch per team may be weighed.
- No contest team may have fishing lines in the water before 6 a.m. (CST) or after noon (CST).
- Contestants keep their perch.
- All navigable waters of Lake Michigan may be fished.
- All state regulations and laws apply while within that state's jurisdiction.
- Weigh-in will take place at the Trail Creek Marina fish cleaning station.
- Any catch not in line at the weigh-in by 1 p.m. (CST) will be disqualified.
- No sorting or "test weighing" will be allowed. Teams must have their best fish identified for the judges.
- Cancellation of a contest date will be made by 5 a.m. (CST) and announced via marine radio channel 19.
- In the event of a contest day cancellation, the "blow date" will be July 29. No refunds will be made.
- All perch will be examined for freshness and may be disallowed at the discretion of contest judges.
- All boats may be subject to inspection prior to and during a contest. Observation boats will be on the water.
- Violation of a fishing rule may result in disqualification.
- In case of dispute, the decision of contest judges is final.