Michigan City events
Additional 2014 Michigan City Events;
April 19 Buffalo Bill Memorial Tournament (see www.michianasteelheaders.com)
April 19 Free Fishing Day in Indiana (no license or stamp required for Ind. residents)
April 26-June 1 Coho Capital Derby (see www.michigancitylaporte.com )
May 3-4 Salmon Showdown (www.salmonshowdown.com )
May 9-10 Great Lakes Shrine Association Big Fish Derby (www.shrinersinternational.org )
May 17 Free Fishing Day in Indiana (no license or stamp required for Ind. residents)
June 7-8 Free Fishing Weekend in Indiana (no license or stamp required for Ind. residents)
June 11 Coho Capital Awards and Fish Fry, 7 p.m., Skwiat American Legion Post 451
June 28-29 Skamania Mania 2013 (see www.nwisteelheaders.org )
Coho Capital Derby Contest Rules
1. Contest runs from April 26, 12:01 am (CST), through June 1, 2014, 4 pm (CST).
2. Top prizes:· $500 for the single heaviest Salmon weighed during the period of April 26 through June 1.
· $500 for the single heaviest Trout weighed during the period of April 26 through June 1.
· Weekly prizes of $100 for the heaviest Salmon and heaviest Trout will be awarded for the periods of April 26-May 4, May 5-11, May 12-18, May 19-25 and May 26-June 1 . In case of a tie, the first fish weighed will be the winner.
3. Fish must be weighed at the official weigh-station located at Lake Michigan Tackle, 1315 Franklin Street, Michigan City (219-872-3474).The official weigh station will be open from 8 am to 4 pm each day. Any fish not at the official weigh station by 4 pm on June 1 will be ineligible.
4. Prizes to be awarded at 7 p.m. on June 11 at Skwiat American Legion Post 451, 121 Skwiat Legion Ave., Michigan City. A Fish Fry will be available for participants at the Awards Ceremony.
5. Contest waters are all of the Great Lakes and all Great Lakes tributaries.
6. All state and federal sport fishing regulations apply to anglers entering a fish in this contest.
7. Eligible fish must be weighed at the Official weigh station within 24 hours of being caught.
8. Fish are subject to inspection by contest judges and may be disallowed at the discretion of contest judges. In case of dispute, the decision of the contest judges is final.