Michigan City events
Additional 2015 Michigan City events
Apri l 18 Buffalo Bill Memorial Tournament (see www.michianasteelheaders.com
April 18 Free Fishing Day in Indiana (no license or stamp required for Ind. residents)
April 25-May 31 Coho Capital Derby (see rules below or www.michigancitylaporte.com
May 2-3 Tournament Tral 333 in conjunction with the Classic (www.tournamenttrail.net )
May 13-15 Grea t Lakes Shrine Association Big Fish Derby www.shrinersinternational.org )
May 16 Free Fishing Day in Indiana (no license or stamp required for Ind. residents)
June 6-7 Free Fishing Weekend in Indiana (no license or stamp required for Ind. residents)
June 10 Coho Capital Awards and Fish Fry, 7 p.m., Skwiat American Legion Post 451
June 13-14 Free Fishing Weekend in Michigan (no license or stamp required for residents or non-residents)
June 20-21 Skamania Mania 2015 (see www.nwisteelheaders.org )
July 4 Fireworks Michigan City pier (www.michigancityparks.com )
July 11 Cardboard Boat Dash (www.mcsummerfest.org )
Aug. 1-2 Grand Prix Super Boat Race (www.michigancitylaporte.com )
Coho Capital C ontest Rules1. Contest runs from April 25, 12:01 am (CST), through JMay 31, 4 p.m. (CST).
2. T op prizes:· $500 for the single heaviest Salmon weighed during the period of April 25 through May 31.
· $500 for the single heaviest Trout weighed during the period of April 25 through May 31.
· Weekly prizes of $100 for the heaviest Salmon and heaviest Trout will be awarded for the periods of April 25-May 3, May 4-10, May 11-17, May 18-24 and May 24-May 31. In case of a tie, the first fish weighed will be the winner.
3. Fish must be weighed at the official weigh-station located at Lake Michigan Tackle, 1315 Franklin Street, Michigan City (219-872-3474 ) The official weigh station will be open from 8 am to 4 pm each day. Any fish not at the official weigh station by 4 pm on May 31 will be ineligible.
4. Prizes to be awarded at 7 p.m. on June 10 at Skwiat American Legion Post 451, 121 Skwiat Legion Ave., Michigan City. A Fish Fry will be available for participants at the Awards Ceremony.
5. Contest waters are all of the Great Lakes and all Great Lakes tributaries.
6. All state and federal sport fishing regulations apply to anglers entering a fish in this contest.
7. Eligible fish must be weighed at the Official weigh station within 24 hours of being caught.
8. Fish are subject to inspection by contest judges and may be disallowed at the discretion of contest judges. In case of dispute, the decision of the contest judges is final. -